Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pork Medallions with Mushroom-Marsala Sauce


This recipe is a great inexpensive, tasty meal that doesn't take long to cook! I couldn't find any Marsala wine so I got a Merlot instead, so I guess it was technically a "Mushroom-Merlot Sauce"!

The recipe is very straightforward and easy to follow. Overall is was a pretty good dish. The best bites were the ones where I got pork, mushroom, onion and asparagus all together. If I got a bite of just pork in the sauce, then I personally thought it was a little bland. I think it would have helped to season the pork before I cooked it. 

Whenever I make mashed potatoes, I normally like to make fresh mashed potatoes from scratch, but I broke out the instant mashed potatoes tonight... not as good as from scratch but still a nice side to the pork!

Not my favorite recipe, but still good! As I said before, everything mixed together tasted really good but I think the pork would have been better if it had been seasoned before cooking. 


Pork Medallions with Mushroom-Marsala Sauce
Published by The Pampered Chef, Ltd. in 2009.
Total time: 19 minutes  Yield: 4 servings

1 tsp vegetable oil
1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin
8 oz asparagus spears, trimmed
1/2 small onion
16 oz sliced mixed mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 cup 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Marsala wine
3 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
Hot mashed potatoes (optional)

1. Add oil to (10-in.) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Trim fat and silver skin from pork; slice into 1-in. medallions. Add pork to Skillet; cook 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning once. Remove pork from Skillet; set aside and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cut asparagus into 1-in. pieces and thinly slice onion using Santoku Knife. Reduce heat to medium; add asparagus, onion, mushrooms and pressed garlic to Skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Combine broth, wine, cornstarch, salt and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; whisk well. Add broth mixture and pork to Skillet; bring to a boil. Add butter; cook 1-2 minutes or until pork is heated through, stirring occasionally with Bamboo Spatula.
3. Snip Parsley using Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle parsley over pork mixture; serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home