Monday, August 8, 2011

Asparagus Stir-Fry


I took a break from Pampered Chef tonight and tried a recipe from another food blog. I have been thinking lately that I would like to start adding a vegetarian dish one night a week to our menu. I discussed this with my dear friend, Sara, whom I knew only had meat one night a week and cooked vegetarian the rest of the week. She often uses tofu. Like a lot of people, I have always held the stereotypical view that tofu is gross. Sara gave me a few recipes to help us ease into the use of tofu and vegetarian dishes, one of which comes from a GREAT food blog that I used tonight! So, I decided to give tofu a try. To use a phrase that my husband, brother-in-law and I often use, I guess I was feeling a little squirrely. :-)

Going into this recipe tonight, I was still a little nervous about what the tofu would be like. The recipe was really easy to follow, and I love getting to use my wok! I thought everything turned out really good! It was a bit more spicy than I was expecting. I'm not sure why I didn't see the crushed red pepper flakes in the ingredients and not think to myself that this would be a spicy hot dish...

I wasn't really sure what to expect with the tofu, but it wasn't as bad as I always thought it would be! It actually wasn't bad at all. I will definitely use it again. The consistency is something that I would have to get used to, but the tofu in this dish had a good flavor to it.

Instead of posting the recipe, I am going to post a link to the food blog that it came from. This is a great food blog (and a bit more professional than mine)! Step outside of your comfort zone and give this tofu recipe a try!

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/asparagus-stirfry-recipe.html

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This recipe was the best because I didn't know how to cook it before. I like this asparagus because it was very nutritious and good to our health. Thanks for sharing it here and I will try to add some recipe for stir fry sauce here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home