Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quick Chicken Cacciatore


My fifth post within one week! I'm trying to assist in my husband and I leading a healthier life style by cooking more and eating out less. We have only eaten out once in the past seven days! However, I do wish that this recipe was more enjoyable. I have to say, this one wasn't my favorite.

I love all of the ingredients... chicken, mushrooms, bell pepper, tomatoes...  but this recipe just didn't do it for me! The meal as a whole tasted bland to me. The recipe calls for frozen breaded chicken breast patties, which I was not excited about. I would have much rather cooked some boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You just can't compare frozen, breaded chicken breast patties with fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I am actually surprised that Pampered Chef would recommend using the frozen chicken breast patties. They just didn't taste good!

The Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes that I got didn't have much flavor to it, and the fact that it covered everything else added to the overall bland flavor of the meal, I'm sure. It is a great recipe if you need something quick, but don't expect much flavor. As my husband said, this recipe didn't seem to be on the same level as the other Pampered Chef recipes I have done so far. But, as I said, good for if you need something quick, low-fat and low-calorie!


Quick Chicken Cacciatore
Published by The Pampered Chef, Ltd. in 2000.

Prep and cook time: 30 minutes  Yield: 4 servings

1 package (10.5 ounces) frozen fat-free breaded chicken breast patties, partially thawed
1 medium green bell pepper
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup)
1 small onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
8 ounces uncooked linguine
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
1 garlic clove, pressed
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. To partially thaw chicken patties, follow package microwave heating directions except microwave on high 1 minutes only. Cut chicken patties into 3/4-inch strips and bell pepper into thin strips using Chef's Knife. Slice mushrooms with Egg Slicer Plus. Chop onion using Food Chopper.
2. Cook linguine according to package directions in 4-qt. Casserole. Drain and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat Family Skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Lightly spray with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Add chicken patty strips; cook 5 minutes, turning frequently with Nylon Turner.
4. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat; simmer 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over hot linguine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home