Sunday, August 21, 2011

Brandied Dijon Pork Chops


I actually made this dish on Friday night, but the weekend has been so busy that I haven't had time to update my blog! It was so yummy! I have actually made this before, and will definitely make it again!! It is perfect for a situation when you don't have much time to cook. On Friday, we didn't have much time between work and having somewhere to be, so this was great! Not only does it take very little time to get ready, but it is delicious!

The recipe calls for bone-in pork chops, but I forgot to write that down when I was making my grocery list, so I got boneless pork chops. I used bone-in last time I made this. Either way works just fine! It also calls for 2 tbsp of brandy. I personally think this can be optional. Last time I made this dish, I didn't use brandy because I didn't have time to get up to the store. This time I did use brandy. It is hard to compare the flavor without having it back to back (with brandy or without brandy), but I remember thinking how delicious it was last time I made it and it was very delicious this past Friday when I made it. So, I'll leave that up to you! If you do decide to get the brandy but don't want a whole bottle of it, then an airplane bottle is more than enough for what the recipe calls for.

The sauce has so much flavor to it! The Dijon flavor really comes through and gives the sauce a nice little kick. The flavors of the Dijon, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce combine really well. The cookbook suggests making Pecan Green Beans as a side. No one in our house likes pecans, so I just made regular green beans, but here is the recipe for the Pecan Green Beans:

Place 8 oz green beans, trimmed, 2 tbsp butter and 1/3 cup chopped pecans in Large Micro-Cooker. Microwave on high 4-6 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender, stirring every 2 minutes.


Brandied Dijon Pork Chops
Published by The Pampered Chef, Ltd. in 2009
Total time: 22 minutes  Yield: 4 servings

Pork
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 bone-in pork chops, cut 3/4 in. thick (6-8 oz each)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
3 tbsp all-purpose flour

Sauce
3 shallots (about 1/3 cup finely chopped)
2 tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2/3 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp brandy
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Pecan Green Beans

1. Add oil to  (12-in.) Skillet; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Season pork with salt and black pepper. Dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Add pork to Skillet; cook 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove from Skillet.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop shallots with Food Chopper. Add shallots, butter and pressed garlic to Skillet; cook and stir 30-60 seconds or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients; simmer 2 minutes. Add pork; cook 3-5 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 155°F, turning pork to coat with sauce. Remove from heat (temperature will rise to 160°F).
3. Serve pork with green beans, if desired; drizzle sauce over pork.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home