Monday, November 5, 2012

Barbecue-Glazed Salmon with Green Beans & Corn


After almost a month of no posting - I'm back! The last time I posted, I had just started my new job. It is hard to believe that I've been there for a whole month already! In case you're wondering, I LOVE it!

Although I haven't been posting, I have still been cooking, thought not as much. My husband has been helping with fixing many dinners over the past month (because he rocks). After working from home for the last 2+ years and getting used to being done with work at 4:15pm and able to spend hours in the kitchen fixing dinner and trying lots of new recipes, I'm still trying to get used to being away at work and not getting home until 6:15ish (not to mention the nights that I go to the gym and don't get home until 7:30pm). I think I'm starting to get better at that balance of work and life. It has taken some adjusting, but I'm getting there.

Tonight is an excellent example of what a great dish this is. I had a meeting after work and didn't get home until about 6:45pm, but this easy-to-fix, no-fuss meal made putting a healthy dinner on the table a super easy task! All you have to do is toss some vegetables together in a skillet and throw the salmon in the oven and you're good to go. Plus, it's delicious! I got Kraft Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce, and that tasted really good with the salmon. Make sure to give this recipe a try next time you need something quick and healthy! Enjoy!

Barbecue-Glazed Salmon with Green Beans & Corn

Total time: 20 minutes  Yield: 4 servings

1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 pound green beans, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
4 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 cup frozen corn
1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves

1. Set an oven rack in the highest position and heat oven to 500°F.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, scallion whites, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until the green beans begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the corn and cook, tossing frequently, until the vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more. Fold in the scallion greens.
3. Meanwhile, place the salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, brush with the barbecue sauce. Bake until cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
4. Serve the salmon with the vegetables and sprinkle with the basil.

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you also have a stir fried chicken? I like your stile in recipe making because they are easy to follow. Thanks for sharing it here and I will wait for your update here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home