Monday, October 8, 2012

Last Minute Stir-Fry


You have my husband to thank for this recipe! We were out of town over the weekend, so I wasn't able to participate in my usual Sunday ritual of planning out dinner for the whole week and going grocery shopping for the week. So that meant that it was Monday and I got home from work with no plans for dinner. As much as I love to cook, I hate the feeling of it being the end of the day and I have no idea what I'm going to fix for dinner. It just puts me in a bad mood. I think it is knowing that I have to go to the grocery store at dinner time on a weeknight that puts me in a bad mood. I hate grocery shopping at dinner time on a week night. This is why I started planning out the entire week on Sunday mornings.

Anyways, I decided to avoid the situation and go for a run instead. Meanwhile, my awesome husband saved the day and came up with this idea for dinner. It is easy to fix, healthy, and delicious! We just had a bottle of Sweet & Sour sauce that we had bought at the store already. That sauce had a really good flavor that paired really well with the shrimp and peppers. It is a simple, yummy meal to throw together that's great for weeknights (or any night) when you're either tired after a long day or just don't have a whole lot of time to spend in the kitchen!

Enjoy!

Last Minute Stir-Fry

Total time: 25 minutes  Yield: 2 servings

2 servings brown rice
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 tomato
2 servings frozen shrimp, defrosted and peeled
Sweet & Sour sauce
olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Cook rice according to package. Meanwhile, slice green and red peppers. Chop tomato.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Saute green and red bell peppers until tender. Add tomato and saute for another minute.
3. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to skillet and saute until pink and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add Sweet & Sour sauce and mix everything together. Serve rice topped with shrimp and vegetable mixture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home