Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini with Parmesan Panko Topping




This was a very different recipe. At least different from what we're used to. It wasn't one of my favorites, but it was still good. I can't promise that I'll ever make it again, but I'm glad we gave it a try! It tasted pretty good, but by the end of dinner, I was kind of tired of zucchini.

I think this would be good as a side dish, like, if you had just half of a zucchini as a side. About an hour and half after we were done eating, my stomach was growling, so this just wasn't enough as a main entree. I would give it a try though just to say that you tired something a little different! You might surprise yourself and really like it! And as I said, it was good, just not my most favorite thing I've ever made :-)

Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini with Parmesan Panko Topping

3 zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise, center spooned out
2 tsp olive oil
8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
3 small cloves of garlic, minced
sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
fresh basil, chopped
4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded (divided)
3 tbsp Italian seasoned panko crumbs

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste then stir constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise then slightly scoop out the filling down the center of the zucchini. Add 3 tbsp of Paremesan cheese to the mushroom mixture as well as the chopped basil, mix well. Spoon the mushroom mixture down the center of the zucchini. Mix remaining tbsp of Parmesan cheese with the panko crumbs. Sprinkle the top of each zucchini boat he panko crumbs.
4. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home