Thursday, May 24, 2012

Greek Pizza



I hope you guys aren't tired of me posting pizza recipes, because they are so much fun to make and so delicious!!

I totally fell in love with this pizza! I had picked out a recipe, but modified it slightly. The original recipe was to cook the pizza on the grill, which I was super excited about. I recently bought a pizza pan for the grill and have been anxiously waiting to use it. However, the night that I made this pizza, the clouds decided to roll in and it started raining about 20 minutes before I was going to start the grill. Geesh! The radar didn't look promising, and I had already made the dough, so I ended up fixing the pizza in the oven.

This pizza was so incredible! It was so full of flavor and all of the ingredients paired so perfect together. As I said, I modified the recipe some to make it my own, so the directions that I list below will be what I personally did based off of the recipe. One thing I changed that I thought added a lot of flavor was making the balsamic reduction to be drizzled on top of the pizza. Amazing!! This pizza was quite delicious and I highly recommend you make it yourself very soon!!

Greek Pizza
modified from Pizza on the Grill, Greek-Style

pizza dough
4 plum tomatoes, sliced thin
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 ounces (about 3/4 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
4 cups packed baby spinach
1/4 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives
2 ounces crumbed feta (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup balsamic vinaigrette

1. Fix pizza dough according to directions in link. After baking pizza dough at 475°F for 5 minutes, reduce heat to 425°F.
2. Bring balsamic vinaigrette to a boil and then immediately reduce heat to simmer. Simmer and stir frequently until thickened.
3. Lay sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet. Mix 1 tablespoon of the oil with the minced garlic. Drizzle oil over tomatoes; set aside. Toss baby spinach with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
4. After baking the pizza dough for 5 minutes, remove from oven and top pizza dough with tomatoes (pour any remaining garlicky tomato liquid onto salad greens), spinach, olives, mozzarella cheese and feta cheese. Drizzle balsamic reduction over the pizza. Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home