Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cajun Chicken Sandwiches



I took two pictures for you all so that you could see the chicken by itself, and also with a little shredded mozzarella melted on top.

If you like Bojangles chicken, then you will like this chicken sandwich! I'm not sure how far out my blog is reaching people, so if you aren't from the southeast and don't understand that reference then I apologize. I first apologize that you don't understand the reference, and I also apologize for the fact that you have not experienced the amazing yummy goodness that is Bojangles. Go to one asap! http://www.bojangles.com/locations

This Cajun Chicken Sandwich reminded both me and my husband of the Cajun Chicken sandwiches from Bojangles. Maybe we've discovered their secret spice recipe? Needless to say, this recipe was delicious! We ended up cooking the chicken on our George Foreman grill instead of the actual grill. It was still excellent, and I'm sure the added grill flavor would taste great if you cooked it on a charcoal grill!

After I mixed the spices together, I rubbed more of the spice mixture on my husband's piece of chicken than I did on mine. He loves spicy food, and he loved this chicken sandwich! I just rubbed a small amount of the spice mixture on my chicken, but the flavors sure did come through still! It had just the right amount of a kick for me!

This seasoning mixture can absolutely be used on more than just chicken. Try it out on pork or fish too! Ooo I bet it would be good to rub on some corn on the cob before putting the corn on the grill...

Enjoy!

Cajun Chicken Sandwiches
Taste of Home: Everyday Light Meals
Published by Reiman Media Group, LLC in 2010.

Prep: 10 minutes + marinating  Grill: 10 minutes  Yield: 6 servings

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
12 slices tomato
6 lettuce leaves

1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Brush both sides with oil. Combine the seasonings; rub over both sides of chicken. Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home