Saturday, April 14, 2012

Provolone Pepper Burgers



My last post was about the Grilled Sweet Corn, which you can see in the above picture with the amazing burgers that we also fixed!

I have only fixed my own burgers a few times. The first time I made my own burgers, it was a pretty terrible disaster and they ended up falling apart on the grill. It was so sad! That was a few years ago. I now have this fear of my burgers falling apart on the grill every time I make my own patties. BUT, last night was a success! Just follow the recipe and you'll be good to go!

These burgers were very tasty! I loved the cubes of provolone cheese in the burger. YUM! Next time, I will probably not put as much onion into the mixture though. I felt like the onion flavor was a little much, and took away from the flavor of the roasted red peppers. Still a tasty burger!

A note from the cookbook: Use a 1/2-cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop to make equal size patties. Gently form each portion into a patty. For moist, light-textured burgers, don't overmix or overhandle the meat mixture.

Enjoy!

Provolone Pepper Burgers
Taste of Home: Backyard Grilling
Published by Reiman Media Group, Inc. in 2006.

Prep time: 10 minutes  Grill time: 10 minutes  Yield: 4 servings

1/3 cup finely cubed provolone cheese
1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound ground beef
4 hamburger buns, split

1. In a bowl, combine the cheese, red peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four patties. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home