Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chicken Pie



Before I began my food blog and started trying out tons and tons of new recipes, this dinner was something my husband and I had all the time! I forget how amazingly delicious it is until I have it again. This is a favorite in our house!

My mother-in-law used to be a Pampered Chef consultant. She told me one time that this is a Pampered Chef recipe that she got at a show that she did, but has never been able to find it in any of the Pampered Chef cookbooks! My husband made it for me when we first started dating and it has been a staple in our house every since! You can alter the recipe in different ways to make it just how you like it. Instead of a can of peas, we used to use a can of Veg-All. My mother-in-law will often use turkey instead of chicken. I've even tried using Cream of Mushroom soup before!

This is SUCH a delicious dinner - definitely one of our favorites! You can't go wrong with Chicken Pie!!

Chicken Pie
Prep time: 10 minutes  Bake time: 45 minutes  Yield: 6-8 servings

2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
1 package pie crust
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can peas, drained
salt and black pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out one pie crust and lay in pie pan, stretching across the bottom and up the sides. In a bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of potato soup, peas, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Pour into pie pan. Roll out second pie crust and lay over the top of the filled pie pan, sealing the edges. Cut a slit to vent. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home