Monday, May 14, 2012

Polpette {Meatballs}



Oh my goodness, y'all... these meatballs were SO GOOD! Whether you just want an amazingly delicious meal for your family or want to impress some guests, you have got to try these meatballs!

This is the first time I have ever baked meatballs in the oven. I can't believe I have been missing out on this! It was so easy, and the meatballs came out perfect! I mixed and rolled out the meatballs between work and the gym, and then just put them in the fridge. That way, after we got back from the gym, all that had to be done was throw the meatballs in the oven and boil the noodles. You could even fix the meatballs the night before if you needed a quick dinner the next day!

I still got the Sweet Italian Johnsonville sausage, but I purchased the 16 oz package of already ground sausage rather than the links. They had such a fantastic flavor to them! Oh man! My husband made the comment that spaghetti and meatballs can be a little boring, but that there was nothing boring about this dish!!! As you can see above, I got a picture of just the meatballs, and then after I topped them with the spaghetti sauce and a little basil. I just got a jar of the spaghetti sauce that we normally get, and heated that up on the stove while the noodles were boiling and the meatballs were baking in the oven. Super easy and super delicious!!!

Polpette {Meatballs}

1 egg - beaten
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano - grated
1/4 cup onion - minced
1 clove garlic - minced
1 - 19.76 ounce package sweet Italian Johnsonville sausages - castings removed

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, milk, Parmigiano Reggiano, onion and garlic. Mix to combine.
2. Add sausage to the bread crumb mixture and mix well.
3. Spray a rimmed cooking sheet with cooking spray. using a cookie scooper, scoop out 24 meatballs onto cooking sheet. Shape into balls with your hands.
4. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home