Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pork Tenderloin with White Bean Salsa



Oh man, check out how thick those pork chops are! I've been buying pork chops from Food Lion for years now and I don't think I've ever seen ones so thick before. I decided to just get some pork chops instead of a pork tenderloin for this recipe. They came out very juicy cooking them in the grill pan!

Another small change I made to the recipe was that I used turkey bacon instead of real bacon. Real bacon is a wonderful treat to have every once in a while, but I was trying to keep the recipe healthy so I used turkey bacon. Turkey bacon has a great flavor to it! Real bacon will always have a special place in my heart, but I'm just as happy having turkey bacon. Give it a try sometime! You'll probably be surprised at how good it is!

I was pretty curious how the salsa mixture was going to taste.... salsa with bacon? Genius! How have I been missing out on this my whole life? Everything mixed together was so good! The salsa mixture alone was bursting with flavor, but then paired with the Jamaican Jerk seasoned pork chops was fantastic! Another successfully delicious dinner!

Pork Tenderloin with White Bean Salsa
Pampered Chef Latin Flavor
Published by The Pampered Chef, Ltd. in 2008.

Prep time: 15 minutes  Total time: 32 minutes  Yield: 8 servings

2 pork tenderloins (1 lb each)
2 tbsp Chipotle Rub or Jamaican Jerk Rub
1/2 small onion
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
6 slices bacon
1 can (15.5 oz) small white beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup red salsa
2 garlic cloves

1. Trim fat and silver from pork. Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Season pork with rub. Spray pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Grill pork 18-20 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 155°F for medium doneness or 165°F for well done, turning every 5 minutes. Remove pork and tent with foil; let stand 5-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, chop onion with Food Chopper. Chop cilantro using Chef's Knife. Slice bacon into 1/2-in. pieces.
3. Cook bacon in (10-in.) Skillet over medium heat about 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from Skillet; drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tbsp of the fat from Skillet. Add onion; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add beans, salsa and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in bacon and cilantro. Slice pork into medallions and serve with bean salsa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home