Monday, July 23, 2012

Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts



I'm back! I have been craving to get back in the kitchen since I haven't cooked much at all over the past few weeks. My husband and I just moved this past weekend, so the few weeks leading up to it were pretty busy! But now we are just about settled in and I'm back in the kitchen! And what a fantastic recipe to fix to get back in the swing of things!

This recipe was so delicious! The combination of flavors was quite tasty! I took a picture of the chicken before and after I drizzled the sauce on top. I wish I had cut the chicken in half and gotten another picture of the stuffing inside the chicken, but once I started eating I just couldn't stop! Yum! The link posted below for the recipe shows some more pictures that you can check out.

I highly recommend this recipe. I know I will be making it again in the future, for sure! It took a little time to prepare everything before it went in the oven, but I think that now that I've made it once, it wouldn't take me as long next time. But just because it took a little time doesn't mean that it was difficult. It was a very easy recipe to make. Instead of getting chicken breast cutlets, I got regular chicken breasts and pounded them out to make them thin enough to roll up. After I rolled them up, I used 4 toothpicks per piece of chicken to hold everything together. That really helped a lot!

Enjoy!

Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts

Yield: 5 servings

1/4 cup shredded 2% cheddar
4 wedges light Laughing Cow blue cheese
1/3 cup celery stalk, minced
1/4 cup green onion, minced
1/4 cup carrot, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
5 (3 oz each) thin boneless chicken breast cutlets
15 reduced fat Ritz Crackers, crushed into crumbs
1 tbsp light mayonnaise
6 tbsp Franks hot sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp light butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder
cooking spray

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking dish with oil.
2. Mix cheddar, laughing cow cheese, celery, green onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a dish.
3. Lay out the chicken cutlets, placing even amount of mixture in the middle and spread in the center. Roll up each chicken cutlet.
4. In one bowl make a breading station out of crushed ritz crumbs. In another bowl combine mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and lemon juice as a dredging mixture.
5. Roll chicken breasts in the mayonnaise mixture, then into cracker crumbs, and put on a lightly greased pan, seam side down.
6. Lightly spray top of chicken with coking spray. Bake 30 minutes. While the chicken cooks, melt butter and mix with the remaining hot sauce and garlic powder. Drizzle buffalo sauce over finished chicken breast and serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home