Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Greek Salsa Chicken



I've mentioned in previous posts how much I love Pinterest. That site rocks! Well now, Sara told me about a similar site called Punchfork which is AWESOME!!! It has a similar concept to Pinterest, but it is ALL FOOD!! I'm in heaven! Even more so than when I thought I was when I was introduced to Pinterest!

I found this recipe on Punchfork and it was so good! I loved the way the chicken was cooked - searing it first and then roasting it. The chicken alone had a wonderful flavor to it and came out really juicy and tender!  The Greek Salsa was also very delicious and paired really well with the chicken. The recipe is for 6, but it can very easily be reduced for fewer people.

I did make a mistake... I forgot to include half of the ingredients in the Greek Salsa! I don't know what I was thinking! I must have just completely looked over the rest of the ingredients. I was pretty excited about the tomatoes, olives and feta cheese, so I think my focus must have been on that. Oops! Well, my modified version of the Greek Salsa (only tomato, olives and feta) was really good! However, if I had added the parsley, oregano, olive oil and lemon juice then I bet that would have really changed the dynamic of the salsa and been pretty tasty! Oh well, I'll just have to make it again some time!

Simple and delicious - two of my favorite things about a recipe! Enjoy!

Greek Salsa Chicken
http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/02/08/greek-salsa-chicken/

Total time: about 35 minutes  Yield: 6 servings

Salsa
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp freshly chopped oregano

Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
pepper to taste
kosher salt to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
2 lemons, cut into wedges

1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine feta, tomatoes, olives, parsley, lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil and oregano. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with kosher salt and pepper. Sear chicken, about 1-2 minutes each side; remove from heat.
4. Squeeze lemon wedges over chicken to coat. Place the squeezed lemon wedges around the chicken breasts. Roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, about 25-30 minutes. Transfer chicken and lemons to a large platter. Top with salsa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home