Friday, October 21, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

I would say that my first attempt at roasting pumpkin seeds was a success! I have carved a pumpkin for Halloween every year for as long as I can remember. That's a lot of pumpkins. I have always just thrown the seeds away along with all the rest of the yucky insides of the pumpkin, but this year I decided to try something different! Our gerbils LOVE the pumpkin seeds that come in their food. They must be good! This is one of them, Cosmo:


We also have Morty and Frank. In the past we have had Jerry and George. (Yes, we love the show Seinfeld.)

ANYWAYS... I immediately went to my friend Sara (who I mentioned in a recent post - her blog site is http://messingwithtexas.wordpress.com/), because I thought that roasted pumpkin seeds seemed like something she would have done before. She led me to this Food Network webpage. I decided to try tossing half of my seeds in olive oil and salt, and half of my seeds in cinnamon and sugar. The results:



Ohhhh my goodness they are delicious! I am happy with the choices I made because I have both salty and sweet. There are some other great suggestions on that website! Plus it was very easy. Again, here is where I got the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pumpkin-seeds-recipe/index.html

In case you were wondering, this is the pumpkin that I carved and got my seeds from:


Happy Halloween! Enjoy your roasted pumpkin seeds!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 19, 2020 at 10:59 PM , Blogger midn said...

uk replica watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica breitling watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home