Friday, December 23, 2011

5-Layer Mexican Dip


I would say that one of my top five weaknesses is dip. It doesn't matter what kind - french onion dip, salsa, spinach & artichoke dip, marinara sauce, ranch dressing, any form of cheese dip, layered dip, hummus dip, crab dip... you name it, I love it. Just give me a bag of chips and a dip and I'm a happy girl.

We had some dear friends over last night who really like Mexican food, so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try out this 5 Layer Mexican Dip that I had previously come across. Not only was it incredibly easy to put together, but it was very yummy as well! It needs to refrigerate for several hours, so I was able to quickly throw it together on my lunch break (which shows you how easy it is to fix) so that it would be ready in time for dinner.

At first, I had trouble finding refried black beans. I didn't see them next to the salsas and taco kits in the grocery store, so I checked the Hispanic section of the grocery store and found some there. They were really good with the chili powder and ground cumin mixed in! That really added a lot of flavor. I honestly think I could have added even a little more chili powder to it.

The recipe is very self-explanatory! Just mix, chop, layer and you're good to go! My husband doesn't like sour cream (I know, crazy right?) so I only spread that on half of the dish. I was very happy with how good this dip tasted! It makes a decent amount, so it is great for any type of gathering, party, tailgate or whatever. Enjoy!

5-Layer Mexican Dip
Kraft Recipes

Prep time: 10 min  Total time: 3 hr 10 min  Yield: 32 servings, 2 tbsp each

1 can (15 1/2 oz) refried black beans
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 green onions, sliced
1/3 cup sliced black olives
1 tomato, chopped

1. Mix beans, chili powder and cumin; spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
2. Top with layers of remaining ingredients.
3. Refrigerate several hours; serve with tortilla chips.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home