Friday, December 23, 2011

Santa Hat Brownies


How cute is this?? This was another great find from the wonderful world of Pinterest. Such a fun little treat for the holidays!

You can view the original recipe here. I did mine a little different. Her recipe has you make a pan of brownies and then use a cookie cutter to cut out circles of brownie. I think my method is easier (and probably less wasteful in the end). I got a box of my favorite brownie mix (Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie Mix - the one that comes with the pouch of Hershey's syrup) and split the batter among 36 of the mini baking cups. You just have to have one of the mini muffin pans. Most stores carry them, or you can see Pampered Chef's mini muffin pan here.

Another thing I did different from the original recipe was use Cool Whip instead of making the Mascarpone Buttercream. I'm sure that would be good too! You can see that whole recipe by clicking on the link I posted in the last paragraph.

Merry Christmas!

Santa Hat Brownies

1 package of your favorite brownie mix
fresh strawberries
1 container of Cool Whip

1. Preheat oven and prepare brownie mix according to package. Scoop into mini baking cups (fill cups about 3/4 full) in mini muffin pan and bake approximately 18 minutes (I started checking on mine every few minutes after 10 minutes)
2. After brownies cool, cut tops off strawberries and place upside down on top of brownies.
3. Fill a ziplock bag with Cool Whip and cut one corner off of bag. Gently pipe Cool Whip around the base of the strawberry and add a dot on top to complete the Santa hat effect.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home